Helicopter called in to Dereham manhunt
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2011
A police helicopter was called in to help search for two men who fled from a car in Dereham.
The helicopter was in the air over the market town for about half an hour early this morning (Thursday) after an incident in Swanton Road, in which the driver of a Peugeot 106 failed to stop when told to by police.
A Norfolk Constabulary spokesman said: 'We were called at about 12.50am to reports of a failure to stop.
'Two males fled the vehicle and the helicopter was called to assist officers on the ground.
'They haven't been located yet and inquiries are ongoing.'
You may also want to watch:
It was not revealed why the driver of the Peugeot had been told to stop.
- 1 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 2 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 3 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 4 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 7 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old