Heavy traffic in Earlham, Norwich as thousands of fans try to leave Little Mix concert
- Credit: Archant
Fans have been left in a mix trying to leave Earlham Park, in Norwich, after last night's performance from girl group Little Mix.
Areas of Earlham came to a stand still as hundreds of motorists tried to leave the area.
Police closed parts of Earlham Road to help ease traffic in the area but queues formed, with heavy traffic at Five-Ways Roundabout and down Bluebell Road.
Bowthorpe Road, Earlham Green Lane and University Drive were also jammed as fans tried to get home.
Watton Road, Colney Lane and Old Watton Road, on the other side of Earlham Park, also saw heavy traffic,
You may also want to watch:
Geraldine Scott was one of the many fans stuck in traffic. She said: 'We spent about half an hour on the bus at UEA stationary and then got off the bus and walked because it was taking so long.
'It's ridiculous that they hadn't pre-planned for this number of people, especially as they were encouraging people to use public transport.'
- 1 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 4 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 5 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 6 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 9 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
Once again fans took to social media to vent their frustrations.
On Twitter Oscar Hathaway said: 'Disgusting service & poor organisation at UEA for Thickthorn.'
Mick Murrell said: 'Absolute carnage getting in/out of Little Mix at Earlham Park. There is nowhere near enough busses for park and ride. Useless.'
Despite some Mixers complaining about the traffic problems many fans had a 'brilliant' night.
Melissa Powley said: 'Little Mix were brilliant! We got there early before they opened the gates and queued for about an hour. There wasn't enough food outlets that was the only downside for us. Had an awesome day!'
Sarah Smith added: 'It was brilliantly organised and well planned. My little girl had an amazing time and there was a good atmosphere.'
And Carrie Catchpole: 'Loved it and I also thought it was well organised although getting off the car park seemed a little chaotic but that's to be expected.'