Heavy traffic expected on A11 this weekend due to Old Buckenham Airshow and British Touring Cars
- Credit: Submitted
Drivers can expect heavy traffic on the A11 in Norfolk this weekend due to two big events in the county.
The Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship is at Snetterton on Saturday and Sunday, with the Old Buckenham Airshow taking place on the same days just down the road.
Thousands of people are expected to attend both events, with the A11 designated as the main route for traffic.
Organisers of the airshow are encouraging spectators to avoid going through Attleborough and instead take the Shropham turning off the A11. Yellow signs have been put up along the trunk road to inform drivers.
For those heading to the touring cars, the turn-off for Snetterton is just a few minutes down the road.
You may also want to watch:
Gates at the race circuit open at 7am on both days with the airfield opening at 10am.
You can keep up to day with all the latest travel news via our live traffic map.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 5 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 6 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 7 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 8 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 9 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 10 Can you spot yourself at Let's Rock Norwich?