Hear governors at Gorleston’s James Paget hospital discuss performance and patient experience
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2011
The new Council of Governors at the James Paget University Hospital will formally meet for the first time on Friday.
The 17 public governors and five staff governors started their three-year term of office in August following elections. They join appointed governors already in place who represent local councils and the University of East Anglia, with the Council of Governors involved in future plans for the hospital and appointing the chairman and non-executive directors of the trust.
The meeting will be considering performance and patient experience, with updates from chief executive Christine Allen and the non executive directors chairing board committees.
Anyone interested can attend the meeting, which is being held in the Burrage Centre lecture theatre, at the back of the hospital site, between 9am to 10.45am on Friday.
Chairman of the James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Anna Davidson said: 'I'm delighted to welcome our new governors and would urge anyone who would like to find out more about their local hospital to come along to the meeting on Friday. We will also be discussing patient experience and the council's role and getting updates about our Annual General Meeting and the Audit Committee annual report.'
The papers for the meeting can be found here - www.jpaget.nhs.uk/about-us/council-of-governors/council-of-governors-meetings/
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 2 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 3 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 4 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 5 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
- 6 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 7 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 8 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 9 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 10 Owners of popular street food van open café bistro in Norwich