National firm buys six Norwich and Norfolk pharmacies
- Credit: Well Pharmacy
Six Norfolk pharmacies are under new ownership with all 46 members of staff to be retained.
Well Pharmacy, the UK's largest independent pharmacy chain, has bought six Pharma-Z branches in the county to add to its portfolio of 750.
The branches are: Natural Health Pharmacy, in Kingsway, Hemsby; Coastal Pharmacy, High Street, Mundesley; Coltishall Pharmacy, High Street, Coltishall; Hamblin's Pharmacy, Noble Close, Norwich; Natural Health Pharmacy, St Johns Close, Hall Road, Norwich; and Natural Health Pharmacy, Ipswich Road, Norwich.
Seb Hobbs, chief executive of Well Pharmacy, said: “We are delighted to be able to further support the health and wellbeing of patients and communities in Norfolk.
"At Well our mission is to build the best community pharmacy experience in the UK, and we believe this acquisition will help us get one step closer to achieving that. We are thrilled to welcome nearly 50 new colleagues to the Well family.
You may also want to watch:
“Despite the ongoing funding challenges facing pharmacy, Well continues to invest in the sector showing our commitment to pharmacy and offering accessible healthcare services to local communities."
- 1 Woman left with 'serious back injuries' after pub fight
- 2 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 3 Norwich pub's shock after city council refuse outdoor seating bid
- 4 Police and air ambulance called to major incident near Norwich
- 5 Delivery driver fined for 'flagrant' seafront stunt caught on CCTV
- 6 Couple sell 'amazing' converted water mill after two-year renovation
- 7 Hairdressers working 12-hour days to recoup Covid losses
- 8 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 9 Caravan left dumped near beach for several years will be removed
- 10 Man staged his own kidnap to get ransom from his family