Iconic Red Arrows to soar through Norfolk skies this VE Day
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2019
As the region celebrates the 75th anniversary of VE Day, sky gazers will be able to capture glimpses of some iconic figures soaring through the air.
As part of their planned flypast to join in the celebrations, the Red Arrows are set to take to the skies over the region this morning.
In a route that will include passing over Buckingham Palace, the Royal Air Force Aerobatic Team will be visible over Norfolk en route.
The spectacular aircraft squadron will take off from RAF Scampton in Lincolnshire at 9.37am before their circuitous path takes them over Norfolk on their way to the capital.
The path, which will see them fly over Hunstanton, Dereham and Diss, is due to see the jets thunder through the county’s airspace from shortly before 9.50am.
You may also want to watch:
Eagle-eyed spotters will then be able to follow the iconic jets through the county as they make their way south. They are expected to have completed their journey through Norfolk by shortly after 10am - so people hoping to see them will have to be quick - and partial cloud cover may prove a hindrance.
People in Norwich may be able to spot the jets by looking towards the west between 9.52am and 9.55am, with the route not set to pass directly over the city.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 5 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Do you recognise this man?
- 8 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 9 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 10 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
The flypast will see them then pass over the capital before returning to the Lincolnshire base around an hour later.