Norfolk schools close due to Covid cases
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2014
Covid outbreaks among staff have led to closures at two Norfolk schools today.
The schools affected include Dereham Church Infant and Nursery School and Recreation Road Infant School.
Dereham Church Infant School has one reception class closed while Recreation Road Infant School, in Norwich, is closed to all pupils.
A further two schools have closures due to staff shortages.
Ongoing staff absence to years seven to 11 at City Academy Norwich has forced the school to close for all students except those in years 10 and 11.
Watton Junior School is closed to all year five and six classes due to a lack of staffing.
A fifth school has remained shut after damage caused by a fire forced it to close. Earlham Nursery School is awaiting repairs before reopening.
- 1 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 2 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 3 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 4 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 5 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 6 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 7 Man threatened to petrol bomb ex-partner's home
- 8 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 9 Revealed: Travelodge behind multi-million pound hotel development
- 10 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk