Mental health event to focus on loneliness and isolation
- Credit: Archant
A number of expert speakers will join together for a mental health conference in Thetford.
To be held on August 24, at the Carnegie Room, the free event will focus on loneliness and isolation, which has been identified as one of the biggest risks to mental health.
Organiser Tod Sullivan, Lowestoft and Waveney mental health ambassador, said: 'We have gathered a quite outstanding set of speakers and plenary sessions to discuss this issue and hopefully create some opportunities for more community engagement and support.'
Speakers include Dan Biddle, a survivor of the 7/7 terror attacks in London who suffered with PTSD, and Josh Connolly, who was the child of an alocholic and regularly speaks about the effect that had on him.
Also speaking will be former EDL member Ivan Humble, who now warns against radicalisation, artist Katherine Gilmartin, and Nicky Martin, who will talk about the physiology of mental health.
You may also want to watch:
For tickets, visit www.feedbackhealth.co.uk
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 3 Driving instructor shares terrifying videos of NDR near misses
- 4 Tzolis poised to complete Canaries switch
- 5 No club record bid from City for Armstrong
- 6 City closing in on Werder Bremen striker
- 7 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 8 'Truly sorry' glamping owner apologises after negative reviews
- 9 Jailed in July: Drug dealing, knife crime and manslaughter
- 10 Man in 30s dies after crash on A12