Talk will shed light on Norfolk and Norwich Hospital’s new Quadram Institute
- Credit: Archant
An £81m centre for food and health research will be the centre of a talk, as the public are invited to find out about the new state-of-the-art facility under construction on Norwich Research Park which will house Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital's (NNUH) endoscopy facility.
The talk at the hospital's Benjamin Gooch lecture theatre on Thursday, April 27 from 6pm to 7.30pm will give people the chance to hear about the Quadram Institute from those involved.
NNUH Consultant Hepatologist Dr Simon Rushbrook will be giving an insight into the facility and its mission to develop solutions to worldwide challenges in human health, food and disease.
NNUH's regional endoscopy facility will move to the Quadram Institute in summer 2018 where it will offer world-class treatments for patients in a facility where clinicians will work alongside scientists to conduct research to improve human health and wellbeing throughout life. In-patient services will remain at the main hospital site.
The talk is all the more timely, taking place during Bowel Cancer Awareness Month which this year's emphasis on bowel cancer screening. The Quadram Institute will bring together the NNUH gastrointestinal endoscopy facility with the Institute of Food Research (IFR) and research teams from the University of East Anglia (UEA) Science Faculty and Medical School.
You may also want to watch:
Dr Rushbrook said: 'This is an exciting time for our department and everyone in the team is looking forward to seeing the new facility.'
- 1 Driver dies in crash on A47
- 2 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 3 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 4 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 5 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 6 End of an era as hardware store closes after 60 years
- 7 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 8 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 Inside the police operation that has led to 3000 arrests in Norfolk