Swan Lake dancers set to perform at N&N
- Credit: Archant
Dancers from the English Youth Ballet will be visiting the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital to perform scenes from Swan Lake this week.
The performance on Friday will take place before shows at the Norwich Theatre Royal on March 7 and 8, where the cast will also be fundraising for hospital's arts project.
Two principal dancers from the English Youth Ballet will be performing the famous story of rivalry between the evil black swan, Odile, and the white swan, Odette, as they compete for the affections of the prince. The performance will also include discussions with the dancers and a teacher from the youth ballet.
Emma Jarvis, hospital arts coordinator at the N&N said: 'We are really excited to welcome the fabulous dancers from the English Youth Ballet into the hospital to put on a show for our patients, relatives and staff to enjoy.
'Dance is a great distraction for our patients whilst they are in hospital and helps to lift the spirits of everyone watching.
You may also want to watch:
The performance will be taking place in the East Atrium, Level 1 of the hospital from 10am to 11am on Friday.
John Bultitude, from the Norwich Theatre Royal, added: 'It will be a slightly unusual environment for them to perform in, but we hope it will bring the magic and excitement of Swan Lake to a brand new audience and put a smile on the faces of the patients.'
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Hospital confirms two patients have died from Covid
- 5 More than 70 speeding drivers snared in police day of action
- 6 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 7 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 8 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 9 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk