Surgery gets computer upgrade
Patients at a busy GP surgery in Thorpe St Andrew are being reminded that there will be a restricted service this month due to essential computer upgrades.
Both branches of Thorpewood Medical Group, at Woodside Road and Pound Lane, Dussindale, are updating their computer systems between November 16 and 24.
A spokesman for the medical group said: 'The computer upgrades will improve the service we can offer patients in the future and also enable us to work more closely with other health care professionals such as district nurses and midwives.
'For a short period we are asking for our patients' help and understanding during this transition.
'With planning we are hoping the computer upgrade can be carried out smoothly and with as little disruption to our patients as possible.
You may also want to watch:
'Anyone with an urgent need for care will be seen. However between November 16 and 24 there will be no routine appointments or routine blood tests carried out.'
The surgery will not be issuing repeat medication during this time. It has issued additional medication to patients to cover this period wherever possible.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 5 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 6 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 7 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks
- 8 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 9 Concern raised over work on anaerobic digestion plant on outskirts of village
- 10 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
It would also like to remind patients that the branches will be closed from 1pm to 2pm on November 23 to 25.
Patients with non-urgent needs are advised to consult their local pharmacy or alternatively call NHS Direct on 0845 46 47 during the change over period.
For more information, see www.thorpewood.co.uk.