Series of drop-in events to mark No Smoking Day in Norfolk
- Credit: Evening News © 2008
Smokers will get the chance to see how they will look in 30 years' time if they continue the habit at a series of drop-in events on No Smoking Day.
Advisors from Smokefree Norfolk, the stop smoking service provided by Norfolk Community Health and Care NHS Trust, will be out in force around the county on national No Smoking Day on Wednesday.
They will be encouraging people in Norwich to kick the habit by using special age progression software to show how they would look later in life if they continued to smoke. Experts from Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) team will also be on hand to reveal the more hidden effects of smoking by offering special lung age checks during the morning.
The teams will be at British Heart Foundation furniture shops in Castle Meadow, Norwich, High Street, King's Lynn, and Minstergate, Thetford from 9.30am to 5pm.
Katie McGoldrick, Smokefree Norfolk lead, said: 'National No Smoking Day gives people the perfect opportunity to take their first steps to a smokefree life by coming to see a specialist advisor and finding out more about the wide range of support which is available.'
You may also want to watch:
For advice on stopping smoking, visit www.smokefreenorfolk.nhs.uk or contact the Smokefree Norfolk team on freephone 0800 0854 113.
- 1 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 2 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 3 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 4 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 5 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 6 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 7 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 8 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 9 More than 300 homes hit by power cut in mid Norfolk
- 10 Norfolk scams: Rogue gardeners and fake energy salespeople