GB athletes visit school for healthy living week
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters at a West Norfolk school were learning about how to keep healthy with the help of two British athletes.
Team GB sprinters Richard Buck and Leon Baptiste visited Nelson Academy in Downham Market as part of healthy living week.
On Thursday, June 28, they hosted an assembly at the school and took part in various activities with the children.
PE teacher Lisa Williams-Ward said: 'It was a truly fantastic day and a wonderful memory for all of the children at Nelson Academy. There was a clear message that if you work had and believe in yourself you can achieve your goals.
'This day has been part of our healthy living week in school and all children have had a fantastic week of activities including sports day, dance workshops, meditation, yoga, a visit from the dentist, inflatable obstacle courses and of course athletics with the GB athletes.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 3 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 4 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 5 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- 6 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 7 The top-rated McDonald's in Norfolk according to Tripadvisor
- 8 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 9 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 10 Husband donates £1m to cancer research so 'no one else goes through same pain'