Psychiatrist wins scholarship to international mental health congress
- Credit: Archant
A specialist has become the only psychiatrist in the UK to win a scholarship from a European organisation.
Dr Yasir Hameed, who is based at the Julian Hospital in Norwich, has become one of just five specialists to receive the Early Career Psychatrist Scholarship from the European Psychiatric Association.
It means he will received a funded trip to the International Congress of Psychiatry, which will be held in Florence, Italy, in April.
The congress focuses on subjects such as parental mental health, adolescent psychiatry, and personality disorder.
Hundreds of applications from psychiatrists across Europe are received by the organisation, making the scholarship extremely competitive.
You may also want to watch:
Dr Hameed, who works for Norfolk and Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust, said: 'Being part of the congress will allow me to tap into European expertise and share ideas.'
- 1 Couple turn grain store into 'James Bond' home
- 2 Man found dead in Norwich hotel
- 3 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 4 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 5 Local pub splashes back into action
- 6 Police swoop after £400k cocaine parcel delivered to Norwich house
- 7 Man died after knife fight with housemate
- 8 Norwich pub allowed to reopen after licensing u-turn
- 9 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 10 Roadworks cause traffic chaos in north Norfolk town