Delays expected on main roads as police escort 70ft boat through county
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
Motorists have been warned to expect delays on a number of the county’s roads this morning as a 70ft boat is delivered to Suffolk.
From 10am this morning, Monday, August 24, police will escort a boat as it is delivered from Oyster Yachts in Hoveton to Fox’s Marina in Wherstead, near Ipswich.
The 5.1m wide and 21.5m long vessel will be driven south of the border from the marina on Tunstead Road, with police escorting it on its journey.
Setting off later this morning, the boat will be driven along a number of main roads, including the A149, the A11 and the A14.
It will take the following route: local roads - A149 - B1152 - A1064 - A47 - A11 - A14 - A142 - A14 - A14 J55 slip road - A14 - A137 - local roads to site.
You may also want to watch:
Police have warned that delays are possible along the route as the boat makes its journey.
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 3 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 4 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 5 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 6 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 7 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 8 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 9 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 10 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk