Norwich surgeon to give the talk of her life at sell-out event
- Credit: Archant
A surgeon and former television presenter will be talking about the benefits of reconstructive plastic surgery at a sell-out event later this month.
Rozina Ali, who lives in Norwich's Golden Triangle, is a consultant plastic surgeon at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital specialising in microvascular reconstructive surgery.
She will be giving a TEDx talk at Royal Holloway, University of London, this Saturday on the theme of 'lives changed' and the benefits of reconstructive surgery.
She said: 'Reconstructive surgery can help rebuild people who have undergone severe trauma or help people make smaller changes to live with a new altered and improved self.
'I feel really honoured to have been asked to give this TEDx talk at the Royal Holloway and I'm delighted that it's sold out so quickly. I'm passionate about communicating what I do as a surgeon, and just how far-reaching an impact reconstructive plastic surgery can have, both physically and psychologically.'
You may also want to watch:
A graduate from St Thomas' Hospital Medical School, London, Miss Ali has also presented the BBC2 Horizon documentary 'The Truth About Looking Young' and co-presented Channel 4's 'How Not to Get Old.'
Technology, Entertainment, Design (TED) is a non-profit organisation which started as a conference in California 26 years ago. The world's leading thinkers are asked to give 'the talk of their lives' in 18 minutes or less.
- 1 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 4 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 5 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 6 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 7 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 8 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 9 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 10 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
TED speakers have included Bill Gates, Tim Berners-Lee, JJ Abrams, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Atul Gawande, Isabel Allende, former US President Bill Clinton, and former PM Gordon Brown.