Norwich slimmers shed more than 3,500 stone in 2017
- Credit: Archant
Weight-loss group members have lost a combined 3,500 stone this year.
Slimmers throughout North and West Norwich have shed 3,598 stone - three times the weight of an average elephant.
This happened across the Slimming World groups based in Old Costessey, Old Catton, Bignold, Oak Grove, Hellesdon, Drayton, Wensum, Earlham, Harford, Mile Cross and Taverham.
Team leader Jenni Lotarius said: 'I'm delighted that North and West Norwich members have lost weight so beautifully this year. Slimming has never been more important.'
She added 'Around 20pc of adults in Norwich are classed as overweight and obese and we just want to help even more people to make real changes for life.'
Here are just a handful of the super-slimmers who have shed weight this year:
You may also want to watch:
• Leanne Goff from Old Costessey lost 3.5st in four months. She is Slimming World's Woman of the Year and Miss Slinky.
• Jemma Medlar from Oak Grove Chapel has lost 4st in total.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 4 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 5 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 6 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 7 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 8 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 9 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
- 10 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed
• Alice Ward from Earlham lost 2st 8lb and dropped from a size 18 to a size 12.
• Wensum members Matt Symons, Michelle Filby and Helen Bowman lost 9st 3lb, 2st and 4st respectively. Matt was also Man of the Year and Mr Sleek.
• Carolyn Penn lost 5st 0.5lb and has started running 5K's.
• UEA student nurse Alex Fox-Braddock lost 5st 7lb.
• Samantha Anderson started the group using her crutches. She has lost 4st 2lb and has recently completed a sky-dive and a 5K run to raise money for Cancer Research.
The milestone ends 2017 on a high for all Slimming World members across North and West Norwich and just proves the huge change that everyone has made to their lives.