Norwich MP Chloe Smith to begin treatment after breast cancer diagnosis
- Credit: Archant
Norwich North MP Chloe Smith is urging others to check for lumps and seek medical attention straight away after being diagnosed with breast cancer.
She said she will begin treatment soon.
Conservative MP Ms Smith, who is a mother of two, made the announcement on Twitter.
She said: “I aim to carry on as normally, positively and openly as possible – but obviously will need privacy and support at times.
“My office and I will continue to serve constituents as usual.
You may also want to watch:
“Please, check for lumps and see your GP without delay if you find one.
“The latest announcement about coronavirus is very clear that the restrictions will help non-Covid healthcare to keep going, and you should continue to use the NHS, get your scans, turn up for your appointments and pick up your treatments.
- 1 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'
- 2 Part of A47 closed after crash between pedestrian and lorry
- 3 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 4 Shocking dashcam footage shows man doing 129mph through village
- 5 Revealed: Coronavirus vaccine hubs in Norfolk
- 6 Never mind Santa's sleigh... how about a Christmas combine harvester?
- 7 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 8 Saver menus and pizzas - how pubs are opening under 'substantial meal' rule
- 9 'More substantial than a Scotch egg': Pub creates the 'Botched egg'
- 10 Man hit by lorry on A47 rushed to hospital with serious injuries
“There are some fantastic sources of information and help out there, like Breast Cancer Now, and locally Norfolk’s own Big C and Keeping Abreast.”