Norwich hospital reaches top of Twitter charts
A city hospital has more followers on a social media site than any other NHS hospital in the country.
The Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital has more than 2,500 followers on Twitter, making it the most-followed NHS hospital on the social media site.
The Norwich teaching hospital has been using Twitter since April 2009 and 'tweets' news updates, links to to health information and events, and to respond to feedback and questions. The hospital currently has 2,525 followers.
Twitter is a free social networking and microblogging service that enables users to send and read messages known as tweets. Tweets are posts of up to 140 characters displayed on the author's profile page and seen by the author's followers.
On Christmas Eve last year the hospital used its twitter account to give people quick and accurate updates on a major incident involving a coach crash near Norwich International Airport.
You may also want to watch:
The Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust can be followed on Twitter at http://twitter.com/nnuh.
- 1 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 2 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 6 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 7 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 8 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 9 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 10 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low