Norwich gym, Bannatyne Norwich West, expands facilities thanks to a new £500,000 refurbishment
- Credit: Archant
A health and fitness club has been given a £500,000 refurbishment and added new facilities and equipment for members.
Bannatyne Norwich West, formerly known as Carrefour Norwich, at Costessey, now has brand new cardiovascular and resistance equipment installed on its gym floor, and an expanded free weights section which now contains new plate loaded equipment.
It follows The Bannatyne Group's purchase of the club last month.
Shaun Cable, the club's general manager, said: 'The new gym floor is a great addition to the club.
'The new equipment is the best that money can buy and will help members achieve their fitness and health goals more effectively.
You may also want to watch:
'The company has developed and improved the gym floor to further enhance the range of functional training equipment available to members.'
Other technological improvements include heart-rate monitoring and wi-fi equipment, and two additional studios which are fitted with virtual class facilities.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 3 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 4 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 5 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 6 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 7 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 8 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 9 Norwich bridal shop named among best in UK
- 10 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?
This allows members to take part in spin and fitness classes at a time that suits them.
The club now also offers Technogym Queenax, a new training system designed to maximise members' interaction.
It covers all aspects of training including strength, endurance, stability, flexibility, coordination and speed.
Mr Cable added: 'Functional training is the way the industry is progressing, and focuses on training movement patterns rather than isolating individual muscle groups.
'The new equipment provides fantastic fat burning workouts and will improve strength, endurance and boost metabolism.
'Alongside the gym floor the club offers a swimming pool, sauna, steam room, and a café bar.'
The café bar is set to undergo a refurbishment of its own in the summer.
The club has around 1,700 members.
Have you got a story? Email email@example.com