Norfolk Zipper Club marks 30 years of support for county’s heart patients
More than 50 members of the Norfolk Zipper Club travelled to Papworth Hospital this month to mark 30 years of support for patients from Norfolk undergoing heart surgery.
Robin Cushing, chairman of the Norfolk Zipper Club, said: 'Our members were delighted to attend a lunch to celebrate 30 years of the Norfolk Zipper Club with our friends at Papworth Hospital.
'As an organisation we work closely with Papworth Hospital, where patients from Norfolk have their heart surgery, and in addition to the support that our members give to patients they also undertake fundraising activities for the hospital and have provided the hospital with many pieces of medical equipment over the years.'
Mr Cushing added: 'All of our members are indebted to Papworth Hospital in some way. We enjoy supporting those who may be apprehensive about undergoing cardiac surgery and also have enormous fun raising funds for the hospital.'
Stephen Bridge, chief executive of Papworth, said: 'We are delighted to be able to mark the magnificent support by the members of the Norfolk Zipper Club both to Papworth Hospital and heart surgery patients from Norfolk.'
You may also want to watch:
The club will be holding a Family Fun Gala Day on Sunday, July 22, starting at 10am at the Anglian Windows Sports and Social Club, Holt Road, Norwich.
For further information, visit www.norfolkzipperclub.org.uk
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 4 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 5 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 6 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 7 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 8 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 9 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 10 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk