Norfolk community trust moves step closer to foundation trust status
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk health trust has taken a step closer to becoming the first community service to be granted foundation trust status.
The NHS Trust Development Authority (TDA) approved Norfolk Community Health and Care NHS Trust's (NCH&C) application at a board meeting yesterday.
The decision means that the trust can now progress to the final stage of the process, which will be scrutiny from Monitor, the independent regulator of foundation trusts.
Officials hope to gain foundation trust status within this financial year.
Michael Scott, chief executive, said: 'I am delighted that our FT application has been approved by the TDA. We have worked hard to demonstrate the safety and effectiveness of our services and the stability of our trust.'
You may also want to watch:
'This brings us a step closer towards achieving FT status, which will enable us to be more flexible to the requirements of our patients and ensure our services fully meet their needs in the future.'
The trust will also create a new council of governors, made up of representatives of patients, members of the public, staff, and the trust's key partners.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 3 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 4 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 5 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 8 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 9 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 10 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
Ken Applegate, NCH&C's Chair, added: 'We will shortly launch our first ever governors' election. However, there is still time for people to consider putting themselves forward and I would urge anybody interested in representing their community to take this opportunity to come forward now.'
For more information, visit www.norfolkcommunityhealthandcare.nhs.uk