Norwich hospital receives a national award
- Credit: NNUH
The Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital (NNUH) has scooped a national award for being one of the best performing Trusts in the UK.
The Hospital was shortlisted for a healthcare efficiency award at the Comparative Health Knowledge System (CHKS) Top Hospitals programme awards 2018.
At a ceremony on Tuesday, May 15, the Trust received a Top Hospitals Award after judges analysed performance data of every hospital in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
The NNUH scored highly for its performance in clinical effectiveness, health outcomes, efficiency, patient experience and quality of care.
Mark Davies, chief executive, said: 'I'm thrilled that we have been named as one of the top performing hospitals in the UK and we were in the top five for healthcare efficiency.
You may also want to watch:
'I'd like to congratulate our dedicated staff who work hard every day and deliver an excellent standard of care to our patients.'
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 4 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 5 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 6 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 7 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 8 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 9 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 10 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail