First coronavirus death in Norfolk hospital in 40 days
- Credit: Archant
The Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital has recorded its first coronavirus-related death in more than two months.
In latest figures published by the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, it revealed that a patient who had tested positive for the virus died last week, on Tuesday, August 18.
It was hospital’s first death related to Covid-19 in more than two months, with the most recent before it occurring on Monday, June 8.
It is also the first time a patient who has tested positive for the virus has died in a Norfolk hospital in more than a month - with the last occurring on July 9 at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King’s Lynn.
The last Covid-related death recorded at the region’s other main hospital, the James Paget in Gorleston, came on Sunday, June 28.
You may also want to watch:
The latest confirmed death takes the number of Covid patients to have died in the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital to 124 and the countywide total to 389. However, this figure only relates to those who have died in hospitals, with 148 in the Queen Elizabeth and 117 at the James Paget.
A spokesman for the NNUH said: “We can confirm that sadly a man in his 90s, who had underlying health conditions, and who had tested positive for Covid-19, has passed away at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.”
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 5 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 6 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 7 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 8 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 9 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 10 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford