NNUH consultant shortlisted for national award
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital consultant has been shortlisted for a prestigious national award for his work on a national guideline for treating patients with diabetes in a medical emergency.
Dr Ketan Dhatariya, a consultant in diabetes, endocrinology and general medicine based at the NNUH Elsie Bertram Diabetes Centre, has been nominated for the Royal College of Physicians (RCP) Excellence in Patient Care Awards.
He was shortlisted in the patient-centred care category for 'The development, publication, implementation and assessment of a national guideline for the management of diabetic ketoacidosis in adults'.
Diabetic ketoacidosis is a potentially life-threatening complication of diabetes caused by a lack of insulin in the body.
The final winners for each category will be announced during the conference dinner at Medicine 2017: RCP annual conference in Manchester on 16 March.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 4 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 5 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk
- 8 Family devastated after death of much-loved and well-known horse
- 9 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 10 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs