New sexual health clinics introduced at local hospital
- Credit: Archant
Sexual health services are now available to patients at Cromer hospital.
A joint Contraception and Sexual Health (CASH) and Genito Urinary Medicine (GUM) clinic is now being held there on the second and fourth Friday of every month.
The nurse-led services are available to patients by appointment only.
The CASH clinic provides a range of free and confidential services including all methods of contraception (except the fitting of IUDs), pregnancy testing, and counselling about sexual problems.
The GUM services available include free, expert and confidential advice and treatment for all sexually transmitted infections, including HIV.
You may also want to watch:
Dr Catherine Schunmann, consultant in sexual and reproductive health, said: 'We are really pleased we can offer these important services to people closer to their home.'
Anita Martins, matron of Cromer Hospital which is on Mill Road in the town, said: 'By providing this service at Cromer it will save patients travelling to Norwich and enable more people to get help and support with their sexual health.'
- 1 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 4 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 5 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 6 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 7 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 8 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 9 Norfolk scams: Rogue gardeners and fake energy salespeople
- 10 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
All appointments should be made via the Norwich clinics.
For the GUM Clinic call 01603 286307. For the CASH clinic call 01603 287345.