National award for private Norfolk hospital’s group
- Credit: Archant
A private hospital group has won a national award for the second year running.
Spire Health Group, which runs Spire Norwich Hospital, picked up Hospital Group of the Year at the 2015 HealthInvestor Awards.
The event, run by trade publication HealthInvestor, attracted many award submissions with Spire pipping six other organisations to top spot.
In their comments, the judges said they were struck by the development of core services and the group's continued commitment to invest in its people.
They said: 'The hospital group clearly delivers high-quality care that exceeds the national average for clinical standards and award-winning levels of patients' expectations, while also investing in its facilities to ensure they are at the forefront of care.
You may also want to watch:
'This demonstrates its commitment to inspire from within, while the action taken to protect the environment means it's also aware of the company's
- 1 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 4 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 6 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 7 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 8 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
- 9 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 10 Dad who threw daughter into cot cleared of murder
Dan Cyprus, director of the Spire Norwich Hospital, Colney, said: 'We are delighted to be a part of Hospital Group of the Year.
'We are pleased the judges recognised the investments made in the company and the hard work and dedication everyone at Spire Healthcare gives to providing high-quality patient care.
'I hope this highlights to the local people of East Anglia that they have access to a high-quality, award-winning hospital right on their doorstep.'
The event was hosted by BBC journalist and presenter Jeremy Vine.
Spire Healthcare Group provides services from 39 hospitals and 13 clinics across England, Wales, and Scotland.
It was founded in 2007 following the rebranding of 25 Bupa hospitals.
For more information on Spire Norwich Hospital call 01603 255 614 or visit www.spirehealthcare.com
Do you have a health story? Email our health correspondent at firstname.lastname@example.org