N&N service of remembrance for families affected by the loss of a baby
- Credit: Evening News Â© 2009
A service of remembrance will take place at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital at the weekend for anyone affected by the loss of a baby.
The hospital chaplaincy and Norwich Stillbirth and Neonatal Death Society (SANDS) will run the service on Saturday to commemorate babies who have died in the hospital.
At 3pm there will be activities for families with other children which will give parents a chance to talk with other families, the hospital chaplains and members of Norwich SANDS.
This will be followed by a service at 4pm in the Benjamin Gooch Lecture Theatre where babies that have died will be named.
There will also be an evening service at 6pm in the hospital chapel, which is aimed at adults only to engage in a quieter, more reflective service.
You may also want to watch:
Miranda Rowlands, chairman of Norfolk SANDS said: 'It's important to allow bereaved families time and space to remember their babies and cherish precious memories. The death of a baby can be an isolating experience, so many families find it helps to meet and talk with others who understand.'
For more information, call 01603 287470.
- 1 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 2 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 7 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 8 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
- 9 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument
- 10 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs