Norfolk musicians taking part in online gig for the NHS
- Credit: Courtesy of GBX in Scotland
Music lovers will be able to have a dance in their homes over the next four nights for a special NHS fundraiser.
The #OutOut and Flip & Fill DJ gig, which was due to take place at The Adrian Flux Waterfront in Norwich tonight, was cancelled after coronavirus restrictions closed down live music venues.
But new gig organiser #OutOut and DJ Mark Hall, one half of electronic dance music duo Flip & Fill, decided to put on the #InIn for NHS gig on its @outoutevents2020 Facebook page on the same day the gig would have taken place.
After an online appeal for musicians to get involved, it attracted 20 different musicians from around Norfolk and the UK.
All the performances will be live streamed on the OutOut & Flip & Fill Presents InIn for NHS Facebook page.
It starts tonight from 6pm-11pm, and continues tomorrow from 7pm-midnight, and 7pm-11pm on Saturday and Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
People watching can make a donation to the NHS via the Facebook page.
Mr Hall, 50, who is performing from 8-9pm tonight from his Tenerife home, said: “We are trying to mix it up with music styles. This is for the NHS and it will give people a good time over Easter. The NHS staff are heroes of the planet.”
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 5 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 6 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 7 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 8 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 9 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 10 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
Graeme Watts, spokesman for #OutOut, said the response from musicians wanting to take part, especially Norfolk artists, was humbling.
For the latest COVID-19 news, visit the Norfolk Coronavirus Updates Facebook page.
Click here to find out more about the EDP’s Here to Help campaign.
You can also subscribe to our daily coronavirus newsletter, providing all the latest from where you live.