Mother and daughter support each other to lose nine stone
- Credit: Submitted
A mother and daughter have lost a combined nine stone of weight after supporting one another down the “long road” to healthier living.
Dereham mum-of-two Becky Abram, 47, decided to lose some of her 16st 6lbs of weight after seeing an unflattering photo of herself and experiencing severe back-pain.
Ms Abram, a hairdresser, began eating more healthily and took up running. In three years, she’d lost six stone, dropped from dress size 20 to 10, and became a WeightWatchers coach.
Her mother Janette then joined her programme, and lost three stone.
“I’d been trying to get her to join, and when I became a coach, she said: 'I’ll just come along for a few weeks,’ but then she got into it!” said Mrs Abram, adding that they’d been able to support each in making healthier choices.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s about building up in stages, and taking each step at a time,” she said.
“I say that to my members: take each day as it comes. The journey is a long road, and sometimes you have to take a diversion, but you come back on the right road eventually.”
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 6 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 7 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 8 Petrol station queues causing rush-hour delays
- 9 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 10 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue