Campaigners demonstrate to save NHS land and property in north Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
Campaigners gathered at a north Norfolk town to fight against the threat to sell off NHS land and property.
The group from North Norfolk Coalition Against Cuts (NNCAC) demonstrated at Kelling Hospital and in Holt town centre on Saturday, March 10.
It comes following a recommendation for the sale of buildings and land belonging to the NHS, as highlighted in the Naylor report, which came out last year.
Kelling Hospital was mentioned as a possible site in this area with nearly seven acres earmarked for sale by Norfolk Community Health and Care Trust.
Spokesperson for NNCAC, Martin Booth, said: 'Saturday's protest was followed by a well-received leafletting session.'
You may also want to watch:
The group, which is opposed to the policies of austerity, stood outside Pine Heath ward at Kelling Hospital from 11am, before moving to outside Holt's war memorial.
It meets on the first Wednesday of the month at Sheringham community centre, at 7.30pm.
- 1 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 2 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 7 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 8 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
- 9 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument
- 10 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs