Hospital trust continues to miss series of targets
- Credit: PA
Norfolk's biggest health provider is still failing to hit key performance targets.
But Richard Parker, interim chief operating officer at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals Trust, said the organisation was delivering 'slightly above' its expectation for A&E performance.
Mr Parker was speaking during a meeting of the trust's board of directors.
The most recent figures available show the N&N is currently admitting, treating, or discharging 93pc of patients within four hours of presenting to its A&E department.
The target is 95pc.
You may also want to watch:
Two cancer waiting time targets are also being missed by the trust.
They are the maximum waiting time of 31 days for subsequent treatments for all cancers (10.4pc behind the target), and the maximum waiting time of 62 days for referral to treatment for all cancers (9.9pc behind).
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 4 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 9 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 10 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
And the trust also remains behind targets for the 18-week referral to treatment pathway.
'We have scheduled our recovery to focus on emergency care,' Mr Parker said.
He said that was the right thing to do and that it would help unlock opportunities to improve performance in other areas.
His comments came just two days after health watchdog Care Quality Commission published a report calling for an improvement to the trust's cancer services and a strategy for patient flow and access in the emergency department.