Healthcare team to take on gruelling sporting challenge for cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
Four members of staff from a health insurance company are facing their toughest sporting test yet as they take on a extreme multi-discipline challenge to raise money for a leading cancer charity.
The team from Anglia Healthcare, in Thetford, will compete alongside thousands of sports enthusiasts and semi-professionals at the Hercules Festival of Sport, and will be donating all funds raised to Cancer Research UK.
The event, which takes place in Bedfont Country Park on July 12, consists of over 20 races designed to drive the athletes to the absolute extreme. Among the races there is a sprint triathlon, a half ironman triathlon and an aquathlon open water swim.
The team at Anglia Healthcare, which offers specialist health insurance advice to companies and individuals, has four members of the team taking part. Debbie Jones will be doing the open water swim, Andy Brunton will be doing a duathlon, and Victoria Wright and Bill Jones will both be doing sprint triathlon.
Victoria Wright, a senior healthcare advisor at Anglia, said: 'I run about 20 miles a week on average, and swim and cycle when I can too.
You may also want to watch:
'I've been training hard to get my half marathon time down below two hours and I finished the last one in two hours one minute, so I'm getting pretty close.
'The Hercules event will push me further than ever before so I'll be glad to have my team of colleagues taking part alongside me.'
- 1 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 2 Man and woman found dead in home
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 6 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 7 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 10 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
Debbie Jones, founder of Anglia Healthcare, said 'The Hercules Festival of Sport is recognised as one of the most challenging sporting events in the UK, so we are delighted to be taking part.
'Although we're a fit team, this will push us through some completely new pain barriers but it's all for a great cause.
'We're on track to hit our £500 target and we might even end up beating it. I wish the whole team the best of luck in rising to the challenge.'
For more information visit www.anglia-healthcare.co.uk or to donate go to www.justgiving.com/anglia-healthcare-tri