Health minister Dan Poulter crashes on trip to Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
Hospitals Minister Dan Poulter has cancelled his visit to Norwich and Lowestoft today following a car accident.
Dr Poulter was not hurt in the crash on his way up to Norfolk and Suffolk, but his office said his car was damaged and he can no longer use it.
He was meant to visit Norwich's walk-in centre and the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital (N&N) to talk about the strains being placed on the NHS over winter.
The minister was also set to met local GPs and the Norwich Clinical Commissioning Group.
Norwich North MP Chloe Smith had invited the minister to the city.
You may also want to watch:
'It's a shame that the Health Minister has been unable to come today for good reasons,' she said. 'I'm grateful to the NHS staff and patients who I'll meet nonetheless to continue our discussion of Norwich's needs. I've pressed since the start for a quick resolution to the walk-in centre's move, and sensible decision-making for the future.'
In Lowestoft, the MP for Central Suffolk and North Ipswich was scheduled to visit Kirkley Mill Health Centre.
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 3 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 4 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 7 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Loan possibility remains for Skipp
His trip will now be rearranged.