Head of maintenance at Sprowston care home claims national award
The head of maintenance at Sprowston care home The Warren has claimed a national award.
Barchester Healthcare, the Wroxham Road care home's parent company, held its annual Care Awards recently and named Nathan Kidd as its Maintenance Champion.
Nathan (on the left of the picture) was selected from more than 550 entries from more than 200 care homes from across the UK, after being nominated for his passion and pride in maintaining excellent standards at the Sprowston care home.
He was presented with his trophy at an awards ceremony at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Birmingham on Thursday, May 17.
The award was one out of 12 categories, with the judges looking for 'someone that demonstrated excellence in their field, maintaining their sites with great practical as well as organisational skill'.
You may also want to watch:
Hilary Taylor, general manager at The Warren, said: 'All of us at the home are thrilled! This is a major achievement for Nathan.
'He has been a valued member of the team for six years where he began as a gardener.
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 5 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 6 Market traders 'devastated' over council plans to revoke licences
- 7 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 8 Hamleys toy shop opens in Norwich shopping centre
- 9 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 10 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
'He is now a regional maintenance co-ordinator and still finds time to help residents with their crossword puzzles. Across the company, we encourage and celebrate excellence in all areas of care, from hospitality to nursing.'