Government to publish vaccine delivery plan as new centres open in Norfolk
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2020
The government's Covid-19 UK Vaccines Delivery Plan will be published today.
Health secretary Matt Hancock will out set out the plans at a press conference this afternoon.
Mr Hancock said: “Since the historic day the first vaccine was approved, the NHS has made fantastic strides in offering the vaccine to as many at-risk people as possible and at record pace.
“We have worked closely with experts across the NHS, local governments and the armed forces to put in place full and thorough preparations for this rollout – this is the biggest vaccination programme in British history.
“From today, the full scale of our plans will be published, so the public can be assured of the time, effort and resources that have gone and will go into ensuring we protect the British people from the scourge of this virus.
“The U.K. vaccine delivery plan will be the keystone of our exit out of the pandemic, but we all must continue to play our part by staying at home, following the rules and keeping hands, face, space at the forefront of our minds when out and about.”
Mr Hancock said he expects every adult in England will have been offered a Covid-19 vaccination by the autumn.
Minister for Covid-19 Vaccine Deployment Nadhim Zahawi said: “With around two million people in the UK now having received their first dose of the vaccine, this has truly been a remarkable effort from a variety of organisations spanning a number of sectors.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 5 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 6 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 7 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 Man who felt lonely caught drink-driving, court hears
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
“Our plan of action will set out our ambitions for the coming weeks and months as we continue to expand our programme at breakneck speed, with strategies to underpin every commitment.
“It’s been phenomenal to see our extensive preparations come to fruition and from tomorrow the public will also be able to see exactly how we will ensure they and their loved ones get the vaccine as quickly as possible.”