Girlfriend of missing airman Corrie McKeague announces birth of their baby
- Credit: Archant
The girlfriend of missing airman Corrie McKeague announced the birth of their baby girl in an online post.
April Oliver, from Fincham, near Downham Market, uploaded an image of her cradling a baby on her Facebook page on Father's Day.
In a subsequent post on the Find Corrie Facebook page, the missing serviceman's mother Nicola Urquhart said: 'We have finally welcomed this beautiful little lady into the world.
'She is absolutely perfect. I am so very proud of April for getting her here safely.
'Both mummy and baby are doing well. Thank you so much for all your love and support x x x'
You may also want to watch:
Miss Oliver announced her pregnancy in January, four months after Mr McKeague vanished.
The RAF gunner, 23, went missing on a night out in Bury St Edmunds, with a search of a landfill site ongoing.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 4 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 5 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 6 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 7 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 8 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 9 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 10 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks
Miss Oliver said she discovered she was pregnant with Mr McKeague's baby two weeks after his disappearance.
Last month she posted an emotive photograph of her 'bump' and spoke of the 'joy and pain' her pregnancy brought.
She said: 'I struggle with finding the right words because sometimes when you have to be strong and put on a brave face you forget about the precious moments that pass by.
'I miss and love Corrie with every part of my body and little things set off different emotions.
'Corrie will be a part of both of us forever and no one can take that away.'
The pair met on a dating site and had been in a relationship for five months before Mr McKeague - originally from Dunfermline in Fife - went missing from his base at RAF Honington in Suffolk.
Mr McKeague had been out with friends in September when he went missing and was last seen entering a bin loading bay at 3.24am on September 24.
A waste disposal lorry collected a bin from that area less than an hour after Mr McKeague was spotted on CCTV.
His Nokia Lumia phone pinged the Barton Mills mast a short time after he was last seen.
Specialist officers began sifting through waste in March at the landfill site in Milton, Cambridgeshire, where they believe his body may be.
The landfill search was sparked after it transpired the weight of a bin taken from where Mr McKeague disappeared was incorrect.
Detectives were initially told the bin did not weigh enough to contain a person of his weight.
However, earlier this year police revealed this information was false – the bin actually weighed more than 100kg.
• If you have any information relating to his whereabouts, phone Suffolk police on 101.