Get active and fit at new Holt community hub
A new 'community hub' where people can keep fit and active has been opened at Holt.
It is first such centre to be launched by North Norfolk District Council but others are in the pipeline in towns and villages.
The Holt centre on Charles Road hosts Nordic walking, Tai Chi and seated exercise sessions on Tuesdays.
Council senior sports activator Wyn Nurse said the establishment of the hub followed on from previous visits by a mobile gym.
They were aimed at the 50-plus age group, but anyone wanting to get active and try new things could take part.
You may also want to watch:
The council's aim was to set up 10 sports clubs in schools and six community hub under a sports and hubs project using a £211,512 of National Lottery cash from the Sport England Community Sport Activation Fund.
East Runton is due to launch its hub in June with Monday sessions of Pilates and Tuesday belly dancing - both from 10-11am.
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 3 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 4 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 5 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 6 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 7 'Life begins at 70' says former TV star as she releases her new novel
- 8 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 9 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 10 'We loved our East Anglian holiday so much - we bought the company'
School links include Sheringham High and Cromer Academy which is doing boxing and street dancing.
Two local volunteers - Pauline Pattinson and Kim Hendry - are running the Holt hub, which was officially opened by council leader Tom FitzPatrick.
Classes are led by experts with Mrs Nurse does the Nordic walking, John Mezzetti the Tai Chi and Karle Parnel the seated exercise.
Holt sessions, which cost £3.50 each, are: Tai Chi 9.45-10.30; seated exercise 11-11.45 and Nordic walking 2-3.30pm.
For more information about Holt email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more about community sports centres and activities visit the North Norfolk District Council website www.northnorfolk.org