Generous donation made by eight-year-old girl to thank hospital which cared for her grandmother
- Credit: Charlie Weatherhogg
An eight-year-old girl from Thorpe St Andrew has raised £1725 for Caroline House at the Colman Hospital, Norwich, to thank them for their care of her grandmother.
Caroline House provide a specialist neurological rehabilitation service, and cared for Kiara Weatherhogg's grandmother Ann Weatherhogg for six months following a devastating brain trauma.
Kiara's community cake sale raised £450, and she also set up an online donation page.
She presented the cheque at the hospital, and nurses Shingirai Kurebgwaseka, Julie Richardson and Emily Perrott received special thanks from Kiara.
The hospital presented them with excellence awards for their ongoing high standards of care.
You may also want to watch:
Mary Page, sister at Caroline House, said: 'The staff on the ward are very grateful for the donation and appreciate the hard work put into raising this money. They felt very honoured to have meet the family and been able to support them during their journey.
'The staff understand it is very difficult for the families at this time and want to do whatever they can to help make things easier for patients and their families. Such a gesture goes a long way to ensure our staff feel valued for the hard work they give every day. I know they are a great team and work hard delivering high standards of care but for the team, having this recognition means a lot.'
- 1 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 4 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 5 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 6 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
- 7 Nine ways to make your fuel last and avoid joining petrol station queues
- 8 Dad who threw daughter into cot cleared of murder
- 9 Why are there queues for petrol - and do you really need to fill up?
- 10 Norfolk Broads' village in £150,000 bid to buy land at auction