Festive sing-along at Norwich care centre
- Credit: Archant
Community health staff brought some festive cheer to a Norwich specialist palliative care centre by arranging a special lunch and entertainment for day patients.
Staff at the Rowan Day Centre, which is run by Norfolk Community Health and Care NHS Trust, and is part of the Priscilla Bacon Centre in Unthank Road, held the festive feast on Friday.
As well as enjoying lunch, day patients were treated to a visit from Father Christmas and his helper elf, otherwise known as consultant Phil Wilkins and Suzanne Hogg, who handed out presents donated by the Priscilla Bacon Lodge Support Group.
The PBC staff singing group 'Bacon's Baubles' also gave a rendition of Santa Baby before two groups made up of patients and volunteers, known as 'The Monday Ladies' and 'Friday Boys' gave their own festive performances.
The party finished with tea, cake, mince pies and a Christmas sing-along for the day patients, their friends and families.
You may also want to watch:
Ruth Gooda, staff nurse, who is in charge of the unit and helped arrange the party, said: 'We wanted to make sure the emphasis of the party was on having fun, and were delighted that it was such a success. Lots of patients were overwhelmed by the things we'd organised, which was very touching. We are really grateful to everyone who helped out on the day – including our colleagues who gave performances and helped keep everyone entertained, and to the Priscilla Bacon Lodge Support Group who so kindly donated the presents.'
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 6 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 7 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 Old Buckenham Airshow going ahead as planned this weekend
- 10 Firefighters tackling smoking car after crash near pub