Extra special New Year’s Day for Norwich families celebrating new arrivals
- Credit: copyright: Archant 2013
As the world welcomed in 2014, some Norwich families had some extra special reasons to celebrate.
Among the New Year's Day babies at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital was little Nevaeh Madison Attwood, who was born at 2.26am to first-time parents Natasha Crane, 16, from near Sprowston, and Carl Attwood, 20, from Fiddlewood, Norwich.
Originally due to arrive on January 21, Nevaeh was a lovely New Year's Day surprise for her family and weighed 6lb 2.5oz.
Natasha, who had been induced at 2pm on New Year's Eve, said: 'She's so special. We called her Nevaeh because it is heaven spelt backwards.'
Carl said: 'We are just over the moon.'
You may also want to watch:
Proud grandmother Fran Waller, 43, from Fiddlewood, said her first granddaughter was 'just perfect,' and she said she was especially touched that Nevaeh's middle name was a tribute to her and her partner Jason Waller's daughter, Madison-May Waller.
She said: 'Madison-May was born sleeping at five-and-a-half-months but her memory will live on with Nevaeh.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 3 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 4 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 5 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 6 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 9 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 10 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
'For Nevaeh to take her auntie's name is just beautiful.'
Nevaeh's uncle TJ Attwood also visited his niece at the hospital yesterday and was enjoying being an uncle for the first time.
Later in the day first-time mum Rheannan Jones welcomed her son Ashton Blake Carter into the world at 12.01pm.
He was born early by caesarean section and weighed 8lb 4oz.
Rheannan, who lives in the Dereham Road area of Norwich, said: 'He's my first child and he was born on the first of January. 'He's just perfect.'
Rheannan said Ashton was the first grandson for her parents Kelly Jones and James Murphy.
Ashton's great-grandmother Susan Jones, who was there for the birth of her first great-grandson, said: 'I was there when Rheannan was born and when Ashton was born.
'We are all just over the moon.'
• Are you celebrating an extra special occasion? Email our newsdesk at email@example.com