Cancer charity postpone activities due to coronavirus
- Credit: Archant
Two Dereham-based cancer charities have called off their meetings and events due to the coronavirus outbreak.
Caring Friends and Dereham Cancer Care are both scaling back their activities in light of the crisis.
Dereham Cancer Care has cancelled its coffee mornings and bingo sessions “until further notice”, but its charity support centres will remain open as usual “with no hugging and seating up to two metres apart”.
For more information call 01362 851439, 01362 698527 or email email@example.com.
Caring Friends has cancelled all of its events until the end of April.
You may also want to watch:
Margaret Barrett, administrator, said: “This is in order to protect all our friends. We have contacted as many as possible, if you haven’t heard from us it is because we don’t have contact details and we would ask that you check the website www.caringfriends.org.uk or phone 07961 566118.”
- 1 PE teacher banned after getting drunk and showing her breasts at school prom
- 2 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 3 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 4 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 5 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 6 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 7 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 8 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Coventry City - Krul out three weeks; Pukki out this weekend
- 9 Norfolk man jailed for part in raids to blow up cashpoints
- 10 Man fined for swearing at neighbours during lockdown barbeque