East Anglian MPs to grill ambulance bosses in Westminster
East Anglian MPs are due to meet with the bosses of the region's ambulance service today.
Suffolk Coastal MP Therese Coffey is among the MPs from Suffolk and Norfolk who will meet the chairman and deputy chief executive of the East of England Ambulance Service at Westminster.
Many East Anglian MPs have spoken out about the inconsistent and often poor level of service received by their constituents
and Dr Coffey said she is appalled that targets are consistently being missed and there are delays in resolving complaints.
She said: 'This is a crunch meeting with the chairman, Maria Ball, to understand what she and the board are doing to get a grip of performance. It is the board that holds the service to account and I think their eye is off the ball when it comes to Suffolk. The key is to get to the bottom of why targets are being missed under the current leadership when similar parts of the country are hitting them.
You may also want to watch:
'I am pleased that MPs from Suffolk and across East Anglia are also attending so that Mrs Ball will recognise the seriousness of the problems faced.'
She added: 'I am disappointed that the chief executive, Hayden Newton, is now sending his deputy after originally agreeing to the meeting, which has taken a long time to come to fruition. I recognise that he has now announced his retirement but he is still in charge and accountable for the service until he leaves.'
- 1 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 2 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 3 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 4 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 5 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 6 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
For more on the outcome of the meeting, check back here later and see tomorrow's paper.