Deep clean at Sainsbury’s store after staff member gets coronavirus
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk Sainsbury’s store has undergone a deep clean after a staff member tested positive for coronavirus.
The Sainsbury’s in Great Yarmouth on St Nicholas Road has confirmed that one colleague has the virus - but that no other staff were self-isolating as a result.
A spokesperson said: “One colleague has tested positive at our Great Yarmouth store and they are self-isolating at home.”
They added: “Safety is our highest priority.
“We have introduced additional cleaning and have strict social distancing measures in all our stores, as well as hand sanitiser stations, Perspex screens and PPE for all our colleagues.
You may also want to watch:
“We continue to support Test and Trace and remain in close contact with them.”
On Wednesday (October 8), the weekly figures for Great Yarmouth showed an increase, though the daily figures showed the number of new cases falling.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 4 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 5 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 6 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 8 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 9 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back