David Isbell’s event at Dersingham raises £1,000 for Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King’s Lynn
- Credit: Archant
A Cancer patient raised £2,000 at a gig to give something back to the medical staff who have treated him.
David Isbell is battling Hodgkin Lymphoma and was inspired to raise money for Macmillan cancer care and treatment centre at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital King's Lynn.
He arranged for five singers to perform at Dersingham Sports and Social Club. Carolann, Travis Graham, Lauren Clare, Ashley Morton and Uche Eke all donated their time for the event.
David said: 'It was a brilliant atmosphere with a large amount of support. The singers were incredible and I am very thankful to all of them for taking this on in their own time.
'We aimed for £1,000 and we never expected to end with double that. I'm very happy to know it is going to the Centre after what they've done for me, it's great to be able to give something back.'
You may also want to watch:
The cheque was presented to Joanne Doy, a staff nurse at the Macmillan unit. She said: 'It's fantastic that everyone here took a part in the fundraising, the money raised is really appreciated by all staff and patients in the centre.'
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 3 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 4 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 5 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 6 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 7 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 8 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 9 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 10 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort