Have you had coronavirus symptoms?
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Almost 1,400 people have tested positive for coronavirus in the UK, but the government admits the real figure is much higher.
That is because only a small number of people with symptoms of covid-19 are being tested.
Patients with obvious symptoms - such as a high temperature and a dry cough - are not being tested, if they do not need to go to hospital.
We would like to get a sense of what advice people with symptoms have received from the NHS and how many more cases are out there in Norfolk and Suffolk.
Please let us know by filling out the form below.
You may also want to watch:
Public Health England (PHE) has said it does not have the capacity to test everyone with symptoms, including NHS workers.
Current capacity allows for 4,000 tests a day and PHE wants to expand this to 10,000 a day, according to a document sent to NHS staff.The document reads: 'Testing of all individuals with mild illness not requiring hospitalisation has ceased to ensure laboratory resources are ring-fenced for testing hospitalised patients.'
That means the real number of cases in the UK is several times higher than the official figures.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 9 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 10 Harley-Davidson motorcyclist dies in A134 crash