Company on target to raise £1,200 for hospital appeal
Estate agents are on course to raise more than £1,000 for their local hospital thanks to a house-selling scheme which benefits NHS workers.
Millsopps Estate Agents, on King Street, King's Lynn, is more than halfway through its fundraising campaign in which the business supports the Queen Elizabeth Hospital's Excel Appeal.
The appeal, backed by the EDP, aims to raise £50,000 for specialist equipment, such as falls prevention kits, recliner chairs, and dementia software, which will all improve the hospital's care of the elderly.
In February, Millsopps announced it would donate £100 appeal for every completed house sale in which the seller works for the NHS.
So far the business has raised £600 through the scheme, but branch manager Dale Newson said more sales were likely to follow.
You may also want to watch:
'There are three more deals in the pipeline and another three properties on the market so we could be looking at raising at least £1,200,' he said.
'We've had a variety of NHS staff selling houses through us such as a nurse and an administrator in a dentist's office.'
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 4 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 5 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 6 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 7 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 8 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 9 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 10 Queuing for petrol - a tale as old as time
To donate to the appeal visit www.justgiving.com/qehkl-excelappeal, or fill in the coupon (right) or pay by cheque: payable to 'Excel Appeal' and send to Laurence Morlaàs, fundraising executive, QEH, Gayton Road, King's Lynn PE30 4ET.
Are you fundraising for the Excel Appeal? Email email@example.com