Charity shop set up inside refitted shipping container to raise funds for end-of-life care services
- Credit: Archant
A new charity has opened its fundraising shop which is believed to be the first of its kind in the UK.
Priscilla Bacon Hospice, an end-of-life care charity which launched in August, has set up a 'box shop' which aims to raise funds to support end-of-life care services in Norfolk.
The outlet is constructed of stripped and refitted shipping containers and have been designed based on the world's first pop-up mall in Shoreditch, London.
Goods inside the shop include books, clothing, and bric-a-brac. The facility is situated on School Lane, Drayton, Norwich.
Rosemary Fereday, the charity's head of retail, said: 'We are delighted to be trading in Drayton and Iam extremely thankful to all our hard-working staff and volunteers who have rallied round to get the new shop up and running.
You may also want to watch:
'The local community have made us feel very welcome and I would urge local people to pop by our fantastic new shop, meet the team, and have a look through some of our high quality items.
'Every purchase or item donated to the shop will help Priscilla Bacon Hospice achieve its objective of supporting palliative care in Norfolk.'
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 6 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 7 City confirm midfielder exit
- 8 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 9 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 10 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
The shop was officially opened by Lady Susan Bacon, daughter-in-law of the late Lady Priscilla Bacon, after whom the Priscilla Bacon Lodge hospice at Colman Hospital is named.
It is open between 9.30am-5pm every day except Sunday.
If you are interested in volunteering at the shop, please email Rosemaryfereday@priscillabaconhospice.org.uk
Are you raising money for charity?