Cha-cha-cha your way to fitness in King’s Lynn
New dance courses are offering the chance to cha-cha-cha your way to fitness this summer.
The Get Back Into programme, run by West Norfolk council and Active Norfolk, gives people the chance to return to an activity they used to enjoy or try something new.
This season participants can look forward to traditional favourites like swimming, netball and golf as well as enjoying some exciting new additions such as climbing, ballroom dancing and Latin dance-aerobic craze Zumba.
Courses are available at a variety of locations across West Norfolk, costing between �20-�30 for an eight-week course.
Council sports development manager Roger Partridge, zumba instructor Alison Horsepole and ballroom dancing instructor Carole Jones launched the programme with a dance demonstration at lynnsport on Tuesday.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Partridge said: 'These fun introductory sessions are a great way to get more active.
'These courses mean everyone is in the same boat. We've found in the past that people who complete the sessions are keen to continue, so I hope that this season's courses will be just as successful in helping people to make long-term improvements to their lifestyles.'
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 5 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 8 Do you recognise this man?
- 9 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 10 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
Shelley Starkings, from Active Norfolk, said: 'It is the largest programme we've been able to deliver to date and it includes some exciting new additions like climbing and dancing.'