Cringleford care home to put on dementia event
- Credit: Archant
A care home in Cringleford is inviting the local community to its free event for families caring for those living with dementia.
On Tuesday, May 15, from 2pm to 4pm, the Care UK team at Cavell Court on Dragonfly Lane will open the doors to the care home for the return of its popular Understanding Dementia event.
Dementia specialist, Dr Nori Graham, will be on hand to help people understand what it is like to live with dementia. There will also be support and practical advice on what dementia is and how memories are lost, as well as useful tips on how to overcome communication barriers.
After the event there will be a question and answer session and the opportunity to meet the friendly team at Cavell Court, as well as take a closer look at the care home.
Jennie Rodger, home manager at Cavell Court said: 'We know how challenging looking after a friend or relative living with dementia can be. It's natural to feel confused about how to behave, and our event aims to offer professional knowledge and insight to those who need it – as well as provide a hub for shared experiences.
You may also want to watch:
'We want people to know they're not alone, and we're here to offer support. We look forward to welcoming them to the home for an inspiring afternoon of information and guidance.'
Cavell Court is a state-of-the-art care home which provides full-time residential, nursing and dementia care, as well as short-term respite care.
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 3 No club record bid from City for Armstrong
- 4 Driving instructor shares terrifying videos of NDR near misses
- 5 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 6 Tzolis poised to complete Canaries switch
- 7 New landlords hope to serve up Thai food in suburban pub
- 8 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 9 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 10 'Truly sorry' glamping owner apologises after negative reviews
To find out more about at Cavell Court, or to book your free place, call customer relations manager, Samantha Woods on 01603 856 835, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.